Sunday 9 May 2010

Blog hopping and Entrecard


So while Iam indulging myself with afternoon football - all the last 10 matches of the Premier League are on now. (yes I am that sad). I thought that I would clear all the old messages in my Entrecard mail box at the same time.

Revisited all the blogs that I used to visit back in 2008 - which brought fond memories - won a contest as well which I have completely forgotten.

However as I was clicking on another website that I used to visit regularly back in 2008 , I was shocked to learn that the author of the blog had passed away in January 2009. Yes a whole year ++ has passed since my gung ho days with Entrecard and blog hopping. It saddened me completely and it brought things into perspective and snapped me back into reality as well.

When we blog hop we tend to forget that bloggers are real people with real issues and problems, I usually get 'lost' in the blogsphere when I am blog hopping and 'dropping' cards. To read that someone had passed on is really sad. If her sister didn't update the blog on her behalf , all her readers would be none the wiser.

Does get you thinking what will happen with your own blog when that day comes.

May her soul rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails