Sunday 24 August 2008

Do you read on?

I sometimes wonder how many people stop and read when they do their DROP. I stumbled upon a blog and was shocked to read that this person do not even bother about reading anything on the website when doing his/her drops. I know it is best practice to placed the Entrecard widget at the top of the page but what a waste for someone to NOT stop and appreciate what other people's thoughts, love, desires, ideas etc are. I wonder if this person thinks that his/her blog is more worthy that others that s/he doesn't give a **** about other bloggers' website. From what I gather , collecting credits is so important to this person that s/he that nothing else matters. Well I guess each to its own. To whoever is reading this post of mine, thank you for reading my mediocre entry (ies). :)

6 comments:

  1. I always stop and read when I'm dropping. Enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. While sometimes I can tell right away the blog is "not for me" - too busy, too many ads, not relevant/relatable or eek- offensive, whenever it is I try to leave a comment or at least bookmark for later. I NEVER accept an ad from someone whose blog I haven't studied. CAREFULLY.

    I like your writing and your blog's design. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime I read and pose for a while but depending of the title of the entry. Anway thanks for the ideas. For now on I will read and read....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely try and skim over the last few entries on a blog while I'm dropping. How else will I keep finding fun new blogs to read?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not always stop. Here's my way of my EntreCard ways:

    1. New person in my InBox (OR I've just found them myself) - I check out their site and drop. If I like the content, and it's of interest I subscribe to the feed. :)

    2. I drop daily on those that drop on me, and my favs... as well as I can. This is done through bookmarks.

    I have found alot of GREAT blogs from EntreCard and I do all of my reading of the feeds as I can. AND comment away. :)

    I drop and skim if it's new to me, add to a feed if it's something I'm interested in (liiiike yours) and then continue to drop but read through the reader. :)

    Hope that makes sense. I LOVE the commenting and getting to know others. That's why I started on EntreCard.

    :)

    Love and Light,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails