Tuesday 24 November 2009

Lost without you

Today of all days Ive forgotten my mobile phone. I was rushing to catch my train this morning, and left my mobile on the sofa.

My mobile plays quite an important part in my life as I found out today. Even though I don't make or receive many calls on my mobile , below are few of it's role in my life:

  • my alarm clock
  • my digital watch - I don't wear any wrist watch
  • entertainment - I always listen to the radio via my mobile
  • Internet - to ease the boredom while waiting for the train
  • games - I had various games downloaded again to ease boredom
Other than that , it's the basic features that I miss as well texting and ringing my hubby. Yup up today I still can't remember his number off hand , which also means that I can't remember my own mobile number.

While I was sat at the train station waiting for the train, I was bored out of my wits. I stared at the posters , stared at the graffiti, looked at all the rubbish at the platform. After a while I got bored siting down , I walked around in circles I even tried to peer into the cars that was park by the station just to know what time it was.

There was two other commuters on the platform but they didn't look friendly enough for me to ask them what time it was.

I could not be happier when I saw the train. Hurrah.

Which brings me to think, since when did I let my mobile take control of my life? I remember the days ( quite some time ago) where I could have relinquished boredom without much problem. Now I have to admit, my mobile does play an important part in my life . It is the first thing that I grab in the morning to switch off the alarm, it is the first thing I take out of my bag when I arrived at my work desk, it is first thing I make sure I have in my jacket before I leave work and it is the last thing I look at before I go to bed.

I can safely say I am lost without my mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails