Tuesday 31 March 2009

Argument

I had witnessed an argument while I was on my way home from work( yesterday). As I was making my way to the train station, on the bridge ahead of me were a couple of teenagers having an argument. I could hear them from afar , the guy was doing most of the talking , screaming (not talking ) waving his arms everywhere and swearing excessively as he listed out all the bad traits of his soon-to-be ex girlfriend.

Both of them couldn't be more than 16 years of age. As I passed them, the guy was still doing the verbal abuse. The girl obviously due to the situation had red swollen eyes (crying). As I made my way down the steps leading to the train station. The young girl walked passsed me and I could tell that she was emotional drained and tears streaming down her cheeks.

Sigh... it is sad to see such a thing happened. But I couldn't help thinking back, how it was when I was young and had my first broken heart. Yes it wasn't pleasant and Yes it did hurt at that time. Even though I couldn't see it then, I am so grateful that I didn't end up with my ex.

Back to the young couple, it is just outrageous the way they communicate nowadays effing this and effing that. Tsk tsk... and to have an argument at public path next to a busy main road is not the ideal spot.

On the train, I thought to myself how glad I am to have had my share of teenager angst if nothing else it has taught me to be less gullible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails