Tuesday 2 December 2008

Locking in and out

Never thought that trying to get in and out of this house would turn out to be such an adventure. On Monday, as I opened the kitchen door I was shocked to find that hubby has not locked it. Muttering and slightly cursing under my breathe , I closed the door and tried to lock it. But it wouldn't just turn. Darn! My train is due to arrive in ten minutes ( station is just a 5 mins walk), no time to fiddle about with it so I shut the door and called out for my neighbour. Told them what happened and asked if they could just keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. My neighbour are a retired couple and has always been very helpful.

Why aren't we using the front door like normal people? Well that's buggered too! Haha but the front door problem is we can't opened it!

Now we don't know whether this is pure coincidence , what with the freezing cold weather that we have been experiencing during the past few days. Whatever the reason was , it was making me restless.

Anyway back to the back door. When I got into work, I asked hubby what happened to the doors! As usual the answer is 'I don't know' . hahah well poor guy of course I know why he doesn't know but I thought I have to show my annoyance to someone :)

He rang the estate agents and they said that they will get a locksmith to come over as soon as possible.

Well the locksmith didn't come by on Monday, so we had to improvise and tied the back door (two door) with really thick ropes! Oh my goodness I don't know how we managed to sleep that night. I felt really 'exposed'.

Thank goodness that the locksmith came by today and has resolved both issues! Front and back doors. We can sleep soundly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails