Tuesday 4 November 2008

The pounding

As I sat for the exam, my palms were sweating and shaking with nerves. As I pressed the button on the mouse I felt every vein in my forehead was about to burst. I read through every question as carefully as I can. It has been known that the questions tend to be written in a way to be misleading. If it wasn't read carefully that will definitely mean a wrong answer will be given. Important words like 'defined', 'pre-A day' , 'post A-day', 'after crystallisation', 'before death' , 'after death', 'higher tax payer', etc.

30 minutes had passed and I had answered all 50 questions. I looked at the clock nervously after 10 more minutes had passed. At which point I was reviewing all my answers and reading through the questions again. Ive jotted down on the notepad given by the proctor, the number of questions that I wasn't 100% sure of.

15 minutes left on the clock. Ive put down 14 questions down that I wasn't confident with the answers. I can only make 15 mistakes to pass. Sigh, I thought to myself the worse case scenario is I get all those 14 questions wrong with one more error that I am not able to detect. Aww gawd 8 more minutes left on the clock.

It is an online exam, where as soon as I click on the submit button the result will pop out on the screen instantaneously.

5 minutes left, at this point of time my heart was pounding really fast and it felt like it was going to jump out of my chest that very moment. My hands were shaking like crazy and was cold as ice.

No this is not the first paper that I sat for, far from it but this was the most important one for me to move forward.

2 minutes left, oh heck I did the best I can the worse that can happen is I don't get a pass and had to go for another resit. It is not the end of the world, I tried to calm myself down. Okay here goes. Click...Shut my eyes tight. Pleaseee.. I screamed inside my heart.

1 second gone. I opened up my eyes and YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs what a relief! Ive passed!!! Plus I only made 8 mistakes! Not 14! I know that I shouldn't be happy with 8 mistakes but that is counted as a distinction for this exam!

(Where 10 or less mistakes, is counted as not only a pass but a distinction. )Therefore that was enough for me. I couldn't control my joy and hugged the proctor, whom is also a member staff of the training and development team, so wasn't a complete stranger! Jumped for joy as I skipped my way out of the exam room and made my way to the training department for my exam results printout. Hurrah! It was good to hold it in my hands!

I can't wait to get my certificate next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails