Saturday 13 September 2008

Coffee drinking

Pic courtesy of scienceblogs
I just love drinking coffee. For me that's the way to really wake me up in the morning. Sure some may say, that , that is just a force of habit. A mug of coffee in the morning , doesn't really wake me up in fact after a few hours I would be sleepy again.LOL!

So here we go. What is it with coffee? I mean I know out there , some tea drinkers would disagree with me on how great coffee drinking is. I am not even going to try to make this entry all scientific by going into the components that has made coffee and tea so addictive. Being a coffee drinker, I do not have cups of tea or tend to buy tea bags except for green tea though. However, I do not have green tea religiously as I do with coffee.

Once at work, I will have one more cup of coffee at about 10am and another one (maybe) at about 2pm. Though my afternoon cup of coffee session is not set in stone. I can say that at most I can go on without 3 days without having a cup of coffee , once that 3 days is up I will feel like I've lost the will to live. :)

Below are the pros and cons of coffee drinking. Again I'm not going into details, as there are a vast amount of sites online that you can read more about it which are better as it is from certified experts. Me? I'm just a coffee lover :)

Pros
Reduces Parkinson disease
Antioxidants
Prevent (2 types of) diabetes
Protect against liver cirrhosis
Lower risk of kidney stones and gallstones
Improved mental performance
Protect against Alzheimer's disease
Improve asthma system


Cons
Heart diseases
Cholesterol
Blood vessels
Osteoporosis
Heartburn
Sleep
Dehydration
Dependence

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails